This is a final step. You will be testing your own alarming and faults displays under the most severe conditions possible. You have to make sure that all possible fault conditions tested, documented and verified by plant engineering, machine operators, and maintenance personnel.
Any present methods of reducing downtime, such as hardware upgrading, software patching, equipment regrouping, and so on, is a growing a growing production
complexity problem that can result in unacceptable system downtime. Applying our Downtime Reduction Methodology will allow to concur downtime problem without interrupting the production process. Our professional team will provide an isolated machine-independent virtualized environment that is decoupled from the underlying operating system instance, PLC or SCADA devices.
Search for the Solution
Using simple approach, there are only two steps in downtime reduction process:
- Locating a root-fault of any downtime situation.
- Fixing or repairing the identified part(s) that was creating this fault.
Downtime Reduction Group has developed a fault detection algorithm that allows to pinpoint the root-fault part of the automation system being a reason for downtime event.
We will be working with your plant management to implement our downtime reduction solutions as listed below:
- Select the most critical part of the automation system and work around it
- Collect all data about the system, including manuals, drawings, screens and logic
- Create comprehensive process control diagram and identify all main control and field devices and their interaction.
- Create Unified Logic Diagrams, as many as required, of the automation systems in place.
- Recreated logic diagrams by converting it into a Gate Format for easiness to understand by maintenance electricians.
- Develop WEB pages for the process (if needed) and web-hmi screens for a rapid troubleshooting and root-fault analysis of any detected problem within the system.
- Attach a WiFi server the system for communicating to a tablet-HMI with all alarm and fault screens we develop.
- Conduct extensive tests of the system with monitoring fault detected by the tablet-HMI.
- Present test results to the plant management.
All decisions in terms of downtime reduction process during the implementation and deployment steps will be promptly presented to the plant manager.